Sunday, July 22, 2012

my sunday, stocking up and counting down

past weeks from the day kama left i made myself busy with work, entertaining kids and family. kama's family came by for a few days and although i was a bundle of nerves, good to note everything went on smoothly. the sole hiccup was lack of funds!!! thank goodness bobi pulled through when i asked for a loan and managed to stock up the fridge. my prayers were answered too when my petty cash reimbursement came just in time to take his mum out to arab street. 

today was ME DAY! i hibernated and moved my lazy ass out to get ciggs and also a spot of brunch. ran into the heritage festival and watched a snake charmer wow the afternoon crowd. too bad custard (my toshiba tablet) was left at home so i didn't get any photos. i even managed to write in emoley and got home feeling accomplished. a good me day it was. 

as i was surfing today i saw an ad for families to buy tickets for a 'break fast event' at a local restaurant on facebook. for 25 dollars per person you get to break your fast with local delicacies and then do prayers together. they invited a few well known astaziahs (teachers/preachers) to grace the event and i found it a tad weird. i just don't like the idea of making religion as a marketing tool but well, to each their own. from fashion to homewares, everything was islamicised? now even restaurants are getting on the bandwagon?? 

don't like but maybe it is just me. i'm sure the gang will be setting up a date for our annual ifhtar together and i need to decide how best to get in gear to fulfill my own ramadhan obligations. all the best to me and count down to kama's homecoming :) 

stay sane, 
j@e 

No comments: