Friday, October 07, 2016

Binge on hope.


Dear Mama,

I have been told by you-know-who to 'know my place'. It was not literal but she kept reminding me to do this and do that. To act like this and then to act like that. You know I don't like to be explicitly told right Ma so this is a problem. The major problem being she is who she is and I DO know my place in relation to her.

So Ma...please help me remain strong and remind me to curb my temper and not retaliate in defense of my ego. I believe you will tell me to keep myself in place and in check whilst I MUST throw out my ego (temporarily) to keep the status quo. The toughest part will have to be following your footsteps Ma! Your patience knew no bounds and you always had hope.

Me?

I will never be like you Ma but I can only try. You knew your place and you always kept it above everyone else and that is exactly what I will try to emulate. I'll try to keep the conversations light and happy and center it around food :p

I miss you so much Mama.













No comments: