Tuesday, June 01, 2010

bitter yet sweet reminders...

i couldn't find the words, the memories for my feelings now. i never liked to compare people because i believe everyone has their own set of redeeming qualities and inherent flaws. yet....tonight someone made me compare and reminded me of a gift and it made my heart long for your nurturing ways. i thought i had met someone better *ahems* who could have topped you in that department BUT tonight i was gently reminded.....that you still stayed TOPS.

even now at this moment writing, i try to recall what i used to call you when these overwhelming feelings of great gratitude wash over me. but i am sorry i can't :( there is still so much hurt thinking about you but no matter.....your gift has redeemed you of this much bittersweet nostalgia :)

to YOU who gave me 'The Choice'.....you gave me the nudge i needed to never think of my inability to read the Quran as a disability. you saw past all my bad deeds and made me feel special even (even though we didn't last hehehe)

the book shall serve as a benchmark of sorts...bittersweet of course. but hey~! you're still tops! for now that is.......

stay sane,

j.amyemeelea

ps: i never did get to see the author live and he passed on in 2005. yet his legacy still lives!! through youtube!!!!!!!!!!!! *lompatsukaria*

No comments: