Monday, November 08, 2010

a whirlwind of sweet eros~

sounds of basia...sade and india arie is playing in the background. i remember the night lebabi introduced me to the song "ready for love" by india arie and how it affected me. i wondered if kasos sent him the love song...did it mirror her longing as much as it did mine? as how each soul yearns to reunite with its other half. the song was nearly too perfect.

no one in their right mind could deny the strings that tug to the heart when listening to that song. with each pluck of the notes that accompany arie's soulful singing, it should move anyone to tears or at least bow humbly to such a simple request. of baring one's sentimentality....a need to be loved and love in return.

*sigh*

perspectives change over time yes? for now, mine has for better and for worse *YESSSAR!!* life never cease to teach us a thing or many. silence has spoken back to me like never before as i come face to face with words such as these :)

Then plant thy kisses upon my verdant field,
shower this dry plain with thy tender caresses;
Though this forlorn land none have tilled,
Its spring I find amidst thy tresses.

Tomorrow is a distant land,
Mine eyes, they see no further;
In blindness I reach out, touch, behold with trembling fingers.
The one before me I grasp, clutch,
"Heart, hold still; want, yet want not too much."
Yet the organ has bolted, its shadow lingers,
Wings flutter as it ascends,
To the one desired it attends.

She resigns, and repairs,
in feigned modesty the retreat is sounded.
Yet the heart pursues undaunted,
til at last at her feet it surrenders.
"Far have I flown, my wings weary,
in my wake a trail of missed longings train behind me".
Yet with a glance soft and teary
the withered heart recovers.

~ bukan arjuna tapi suryaputra (2010)


AHEM!!!! <-- as he would punctuate hehehehe...

stay sane,
j.amyemeelea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxkMlS2nuU8&ob=av2e <-- the song of course and promises of sweet dreams ;)

No comments: