Wednesday, June 08, 2011

ave atque vale


its been interesting to watch the reactions i get after i installed the 'who isn't my friend' application on facebook. it wasn't a spam and fairly works well. useful especially to track friends who changed their names on facebook and *evilgrin* nice to know whose been cleaning up their friends list too hehehehe...

one time i had this ex schoolmate add me back again the very next day when others commented on her deleting me. she was having an affair with another friend of ours but in unfavourable light because technically she's still married. they asked why the hell would i get deleted since i've never say nay or aye about the whole fiasco. err..maybe in confidence but since she's way of the 6th degree anyway, our mere mention and discussion was purely for self-reflection.

then my housemate as well did the deed and cut me off the page. he was angry at something random..like i was totally dissing him with smart comebacks on his status updates. it was fun for a while but i knew that it ticked him off so i stopped. needless to say after a few days i was back on as a friend. BUT, nothing was the same agian between us at home. i try as much as i can to ignore him. since he's sensitive anyway :p

a few of my workmates have barred me from their wall. that was when i clumsily pointed out their blatant work skiving moments. AS IF i wasn't guilty too!!! but i saw the logic of that and blocked them from my wall updates. i just learnt that about 90% of my colleagues do not genuinely want to be friends. its purely work so hell yes, i'm okay with that too. its a highly competitive (read fake) environment property management. everyone thinks they are better than the next guy and we are work at different sites :p azrullah, a workmate will be quiting in a few months, he couldn't stand the environment he said. too much work stress where even during bonding time (fully funded by company) we'd all speak, talk about work anyway. i totally get him. unlike the last company i worked for. when we dine and during parties, its informal and we do enjoy ourselves.

a few friends i hold very dear to myself too have did that. we are still friends but i get it they do not want to share their wall with me. well, point taken. i just reach out to them in other ways. on msn, via emails and calls. and slowly, my family, mostly my nieces and cousins are blocking and deleting me from their pages too. thankfully, my nephew in states didn't decide to cut me off because it was through his updates that i got the hints that my sister has been terribly sick :(

well, the terrors used to be active on facebook until thier dad and stepmum came onboard. terror 2 had to create another account just so he can add his dad and i had to block completely the green-eyed monsters because the terrors said they have been spying and hate it when it becomes conversation topics. i tell the kids the same thing i tell myself, if it bugs you much do something about it but facebook is generally about connecting. allabout communication so you have to be smart about it.

i learnt much about myself through my interactions online as much as i do offline. sometimes it sucks but more often than not its been an awesome experience. way before it was guapunya.com, then mric before i tested out frenster! all those have since long faded into the past. now at present is my love hate relationship with facebook *sigh*

of course, kama sends me nice long updates via facebook now while he's in paris. so, its here to stay for awhile more hehehehehehe...

stay sane,
j.amyemeelea

ps: to sha~ was it me liking your bikini photos? did you really think i'd be such the tattle tale and tell your mum? TSSSK...slightly annoyed but its okay. we all need the privacy we crave and entitled to.

3 comments:

Talented Unicorn said...

Oranges just aren't for vitamins. So anyways, facebook to some is like introducing a knife and fork situation to someone who has never used them to eat and expecting them to not spill food all over their new shirt. People need to chill.

The Self Center said...

and this is going to be the new 'war' of sorts on g+ too. i say potato you say potata. i haven't deleted my fb account for very obvious reasons but i digress, it was never my cup of tea anyway.

The Self Center said...

and this is going to be the new 'war' of sorts on g+ too. i say potato you say potata. i haven't deleted my fb account for very obvious reasons but i digress, it was never my cup of tea anyway.