Monday, May 24, 2010

Never be your setting stone

Starlite bintang brite

1st bintang, I see tonite

I wish I may, I DOA I mite

God forbid I be your bride

EVAR! ---- !!!!!

*muahahahaha* yeah....the idea was corny!! And forgive me I'm suffering from 'mantrax' again, that's a clued-cluedo that I've been binging on Sex in da city :p PLUS...mat kental got me hooked on Olivia wildeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *meowrrrrrrrrrrr*

And that's lethal as a combo *cough*

So I was at my sister's yesterday trying to calm the nerves of my niece whose gonna be a bride in give and take 2 weeks pronto! Everyone gets the nerves even the grooms but of course, the macho species just ride it as they know how. Which is, well...macho is as macho does – nothing.

My niece on the other hand, ACTS like a bundle of frazzled nerves on lithium! I nearly had to choke her *really* plus a few tight slaps to sober her up and keep her on reality track. OF COURSE I am happy she's getting married for god sakes BUT I had to remind her "love is blind; marriage gives you back your sight".

I am the 'aunt-slash-sister' sitter to the bride. Basically, I am to *try* negotiate (drill into her skull somehow) into my niece's pure wedded bliss idealism; her mom's well worn wisdom of womanhood backed up by years and years of experience. I TRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Then, I am also in charge of the bride's room. Actually I MADE sure I was in charge because I didn't believe in paying a farken 2 thousand dollars for decor-on-loan. Only to have it torn down right afterwards *prrft* Sometimes immediately.

Better spend the money on FOR keeps I say and so together we invested the money, time and loads of sweat to do up a nice simple yet TASTEFULLY done decor that they could enjoy for loOOooooooong after the wedding is over. Kind of like pay back for all those years babysitting my 3 terrors:) and to top it off, the bride even agreed with me and is doing all her gifts for him by herself. Yeaps...call me a practical romantic lar but seriously, why shouldn't you do them? I did mine wot? :p

The mom also added:-

  • Bunga rampai duty
  • Mak andam to mom of bride and aunts duty
  • Dulang hantaran security duty
  • Change sheets for the 2 day event duty (we wanted both days to be different)
  • Co-ordinator for 'bride surprise' duty
  • Last but not least, the greet host by the gazebo duty

*phew* I take it all as practice yo! No no, NOT for my impending wedding (a gal can hope *sigh*) but more so in preparation for the terrors. Which is far far far farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr away. Hopefully by then, mama terror has millions stashed away under the mattress. The truth is Money DOES solve a lot of wedding problems ;P

And I think I'm doing a good job so far hehe. T the wedding is still on and no one has gotten beaten or killed. There were of course the usual skirmishes and the wedding nearly got 'postponed' which in 'Malay wedding terms' is as good as cancelled cos *ahems* the groom had problems. Pandemonium was kept in check because the young guns humbly took the advice and solutions from the elders. It goes without saying that the groom left a very bad taste in everybody's mouth except for the bride *hurhurhur*

UGH...love em or hate them. Well, it's more wedding bells a ringing these coming months and I've got to do what I've always done. Be there IF invited :D

As always, I'd be macho about it and chuck my sharp cynicism out the door so that I'd look sweet, demure and as the family hopes charmingggggggggggggggggggggg wanita melayu terakhir in my kebaya. I did negotiate to wear pants with my top to no avail. They even forbade me to cut my hair! I couldn't even get past wearing a simple kurung on her nikah day *slapforehead*

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...I HATE weddings! Unless its mine lar hehehehehe...and THAT I won't have to worry about lar cos gua memang kaweng selalu, nikah jer sekalik *buahahahahah*

Stay sane,

J.amyemeelea trying NOT to go bonkers with all these wedding talk *barf*

Ps: astaga! Please ehkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...no tragedy oktober please and no more mahligai mu dari airmata ku songs arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..gua PROMISE (and may lightning strike if i do) takmo rain on your parade :D but hell yes I DONT mind to be singing ala duffy at the top of my lungs. Orh and yes...anyone speaks to me about October weddings will be barfed upon so bad, you'd have vomit in all your orifices FOR DAYS on end! Choose lagu lain for me to sing bley? PUHLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

No comments: