Saturday, March 12, 2011

on patience.

naturally as a social butterfly with extreme introvert sensitivities, i'm bubbly and calm whenever in company. afterward, once done with the brouhaha of the festivities and connections made i sneak away to hibernate. the length i need to reflect and replenish my energy (like a bear) has a wide range. sometimes, i could take days before i make another appearance and hopefully sane but usually a good work out (BEDminton anytime! :p) or a long slow walk to nowhere brings me back to my sensibilities.

i'm a single mom for a total of 8 plus years now. in between i was a hanger-on closet bridezilla wannabe. thanks to the ex lebabi, i have lost all the need to be bridezilla plus! now i am convinced that marriage is over-rated. at best, all that connects to being a wife and a mom...is bittersweet.

my friends do worry and my loved ones (hopefully) have since given up trying to guide me. as i firmly mould and shape me by my own experiences. some may call me a cynic, stubborn and more than often they simply ignore my confounding replies. who can blame me for having free will and freedom of choice right? >)

today after another dashed weekend with the terrors, i find myself questioning my own free wheeling way i accept my stumbles. i miss them but at the same time, i understand and accept why they are not with me. it dawned on me that they CHOSE to be with their father instead of me.

stay sane,
j.amyemeelea

No comments: