Saturday, May 13, 2006

Impulsiveness.

To jump at events, people and new experiences with naught much thought have always been my forte. It is only much later when the moment slowly slides that I catch up with the reality of things and the full impact of those moments in time engulf me in entirety.

I called the 3 terrors while shifting through work today to make arrangements to pick them up. Nyce smsed to invite me to dinner and I replied happily that we’d be celebrating terror no. 3’s third birthday! And earlier on while secretly having a conversation with my oh-so-cute and hilarious colleague deb-deb-debra over internal email I expressed my happiness about having plans to see the kids today. I was so looking forward that when the following conversation brushed past me I couldn’t stop myself from blowing serious snot and therefore freaking my other colleagues. From seriously high I was a sobbing wrecked and snotty Amy.

Ring ring
Grandma picked up and I asked for number 1. She hollered her annoyance and gave reason she was busy and I heard the grandmum shouted over to number 2 to tell me that I couldn’t pick them up today because their father was going to bring them out today. I didn’t feel much and spoke to my ever sensitive and diplomatic son who’s short of just 3 days away from turning 6 years old himself.

Number 2 : ma..You can’t pick us up today cos we are going out with papa. You see us next time okay?

Mama Amy: errm….okay. are you guys going out to celebrate number 3’s birthday? That’s nice *stillupbeatnie* but am I going to get to see you tomorrow? I thought maybe we could do a little celebration today/

Number 2: cannot….we are going out and tomorrow we have school and after school *mumblemumble*

Mama Amy: ok then after school I come pick you up. Can you call number 1 so I can tell her about our plans?

Number 2: ok jap eh.

Shuffling noises in the background and then to my sweet surprise!!!

Number 3 aka the birthday girl: elo mama amy!

Mama Amy: how are you darling?! And happy birthday!

Birthday girl: *giggles* I’m fine. I want present!

Mama Amy: aiks! I just got you a present. Where’s your talking cat I got you?

Birthday girl: da hilang. Abang and kakak kasi hilang *whiny*

Mama Amy: well you didn’t take care of your cat so that’s how it got lost.

Birthday girl: I want Barbie doll!

Mama Amy: but you have so many of em! But okay, when I see you we’ll see if we can get something for everyone okay? So today you be a good girl and take care of yourself. I’m not picking you up. Insyaallah, tomorrow ok??

Birthday girl: ma……grandma says I have to follow mama baru *newmama* and next time mama lama *oldmama* ok??

Mama Amy: *choke* ehk?? Mama baru???!! What about mama lama?! *notynoty* well, ok then, what’s your mama’s name?

Birthday girl: *sayshername* and giggles prettily :P

Mama Amy:eh that’s your name lar! Wot’s my name?!!

Birthday girl: mama amy.

Mama Amy: ok then so what’s your mama baru’s name? :)

Birthday girl: mama baru.

Mama Amy: *sniffhaha * eeeks?! you don’t know her name? Ok, when you see her why don’t you ask her what’s her name and tell mama amy ok? *breakingdown*

Birthday girl: ok. So today I cannot see you ok? *Sweetwhispers* see you next time.

Mama Amy: *squeekingsniff* ok…you go have a good birthday and time and be a good girl. Happy birthday darling…*chokingonmytinysobs * you take care and have fun *voicecracks*

Birthday girl: ok..bye bye mama. I love you I miss you. Ok I put down now.

Mama Amy: *coversfacewithpaper* I love you. I miss you *sobsob*

Birthday girl: I love you. I miss you. I love you. I miss you….

Click.

I tore a piece of tissue paper from my desk to stop the gush of tears and walked out of the office. I could hear my colleagues call after me but I couldn’t hold back my full-blown sobs and blew my nose hard squatting by the carpark. I composed myself and walked into the office to clear my work. All the while my mind whirred away and my heart stopped for a bit before beating super fast. Maybe it was anger, maybe it was huge disappointment but I know it was I doing penance.

Back home now. Bobby and shikino bought me lunch of beef noodle that I couldn’t swallow :) Thank you deb-deb-debra for wanting to wait for me and the hug. Now trying not to dwell on my phonecall. After getting of the train I called the kids and finally got a pouty number 1 on the phone. We whispered softly and made arrangements to meet next week and she promised to be a good girl and my heart slowly sang its song of merciful relief. She complained naughty birthday girl hit her on the arm and refused to make her a card. It soon felt like things are back to normal. Another quick phonecall to my pillar of strength but it was left unanswered...again after a few tries from last night. my pillar must still be in crumbles of dust and i felt a twang of helplessness.

Oh well….

Stay sane,
amyemeelea

2 comments:

Lynn Maharet said...

aww amy..stay strong ok! *HUGS*

The Self Center said...

thank you che lynn....have been and always will be~~~