Sunday, July 02, 2006

The fever breaks....

Here I am sitting down in front of the pc and thinking about finishing my assignments but my head is swimming with more buzz about day-to-day stuff. Have I drawn up my bill payments for this month? What are my main objectives at work and how I can improve on speeding up input processes without getting dragged down office politics and of course…I feel so tired I can sleep for another 24 hours tops. My body aches and there’s only so much I can look forward to. Errrmmm….like meeting the kids over the weekend and and and….tough…tough..tough when I try to think about looking forward to things this week.

The senses of achievements are lost in my mundane droning way of looking into the future. The weather has been horrid and it’s been days since I have felt ‘good’. I hate feeling blue and nothing works or perks me up like a lil pat over the shoulder. poww called the other day and our conversation toughened up every resolved cell in my body to put in a 100% into my commitment to make things work. Sorry if I didn’t call you back powwsters….please do accept my sincerest apologies. When everything was let out, blissful sleep overtook and there goes the hours lost in soothing dreams. So thank you for bringing on the sense of needed relief :) you are a true friend *sobslikeafiveyearold *

So getting down to business, to only speak when spoken to. Do you think that such a stand will be able to support the idea of effective communication? How would you know what the person likes? Dislikes and ultimately his or her dreams and ideals? I was thrown the idea when it was noted and proved that such a stand works if you want to get to know a person and never forget how he or she is like. Say you want to know if she likes ice cream or not…the rules of engaging are when you are in the speak only when spoken to mode is not to ask if the person likes ice cream but to PUT YOURSELF IN THE PERSON’S SHOES, wait for the ideal moment and THEN WORK OUT A NICE NON INTRUDING SITUATION TO TEST THE THEORY. In other words just buy the person ice-cream lar and see whether she likes it or not :P but what if I want to know whether she is a republican or a democrat? Or if she think feminism is an outdated stand? Does she believe in breastfeeding? or if god is one of us?? How?! How?! How?!!! It is believed that all that we stand for and believe in is reflected in the way we say and do things…and I do believe in that but I also believe there are many facets on one’s life that is not so visible hence all at once complicating this get to know each other and everyone process.

The moral of the story is that actions speaks louder than words and the above rote of learning is exactly how you can make your actions count. well, for someone who is so used to ask and be given, this above challenge will be tough for me. Nothing will be asked as the want and need is simple, the other party wants to feel loved unconditionally. I’d have to make sure I don’t fall back into my old pattern of thinking and doing things. Wish me luck!!

Stay sane,
amyemeelea

No comments: