Wednesday, June 22, 2005

shock recovery...

I angered a good friend last week with a stupid question about her state of morality and got “doesn’t matter…pity about something something..” as reply when I tried to explain and make things better between us, no goodbye, no sign off and poof! I wonder if I should reply? I wasn’t expecting for things to all peachy and back to normal but I hadn’t thought that she could be so bitchy about it all when I made the effort (a few times of trying to explain) to keep damage control to its minimum. Well, even the hottest days cool at the end of each night and I’m hoping that she’ll forgive me. Then…I read with interest an entry made by platypus on the topic of recovery shags. How many people do you know uses sex as a tool to recover from a failed relationship? Would a question like this be categorized as stupid?

Excerpt:

“It has been said that nothing gets you over the last relationship like the next “fuck”, is this really true? Or is it the excuse used to justify self gratification and the healing of ego? (Which if we are honest is what it’s all about) Sex is all about pride and ego. And when the relationship fails, you have to learn to believe in yourself again, to believe you have value, to salve your pride and bruised ego and self-teach that you can actually pleasure another and receive pleasure from the same.Now I whole-heartedly believe you can't have a recovery shag with somebody you have feelings for, that both defeats the purpose of the selfish act and further complicates the issue since it invariably creates the horrible dating situation of the "rebound partner". But is having sex with another the ultimate “marker” that denotes recovery from a failed relationship?And if this is so what about those people who have affairs? Does the affair itself help them recover or rather further hinder the process?” – the platypus

I do not write half as good as platypus but I find the questions he asks himself engaging and I bet we all don’t get many chances to ask these questions ourselves. Personally, I think almost everyone uses sex as a tool to recover from failed relationships! But the question is why? Why do we choose to use sex as a tool to feel better about ourselves? Does it matter if you’re married or not because any relationship is a real as one that is bound by the holy sanction we call marriage. BUT! I guess its because we live in the age where having fuck buddies is common and there’s nothing strange or supposedly abnormal about it. Where its okay to say, “by making mistakes we’re accepting the fact that we are human and therefore susceptible to err and it actually brings us closer to God”. Sometimes wrong does bring us to right but to always choosing to do wrong? Wouldn’t that bring us closer to vice instead of virtue? :S Oh! Then we’ll always give that famous last quote, “I do not need you to tell me what is right or wrong, its my life/grave/problem (delete where applicable) and I’ll answer it for myself and only myself when the time comes.” And what do you ‘say’ to that?!!!

With that I promised myself to be honest and true and not sit on the fence or tactful and diplomatic when my morals are questioned. It could be the other half, it could be the kids, even you, you and you but give me time to paraphrase an answer and get back to you (within 24hrs) and if you don’t receive one it will just mean I’ve never meant to be honest with you from the start. Its all a joke! Geddit? Geddit? :P

Stay sane,
jahat

No comments: