Friday, October 20, 2006

its good news from rat race land!

i got a call from titot about the job and she asked me to call the person to reconfirm a date for an interview. so i called and the interview was set for tuesday afternoon. i was to bring another copy of my resume plus certs and i braced myself yet for another session of which i know was going to include me having to answer, "tell me, why psychology?"

so i went to the interview and foggily remembered the locations of Asia Chambers. I used to work in the CBD eaons ago and a part of me still flickers with faint memories of walking up, down and everywhere in the CBD. it was an old building and most would remember Asia Chambers for being the building where you bought your bets! i got lost trying to look for its entrance but i thought that its location was okay. food and amenities were just around its corners. i spied a watsons nearby and a cosy coffee place just across to chill for super early mornings. and i told myself to do a wee bit walk around just to see what more surprises could greet me, right after the other corner IF i had the chance to work here. i went up the lift and asked for ms. poon. the receptionist asked why i was there and told me to fill in yet another form. i sat in the meeting room and received a hello and a few smiles from around me.

i was called into the room and i had to answer exactly why i chose psychology to major and then i was told of the position available. it is support staff for the accounts department but i have to cover reception duties as well. the general administration of the whole office plus the one beside it will be my responsibility. ad hoc duties will come from all departments but it was my first duty to call on the accounts department. no problemo..i was an old hand in multi tasking. i have my own desk and will be alone with no one breathing down my neck so i am a happy camper. they offered me my minimum and an increment of 100 bucks after 3 months confirmation. the receptionist who was going to be trasnferred to customer service was too happy to handover her duties to me there and then while i waited for ms. poon to prepare my appointment letter.

yes!!! i had asked for an appointment letter to be drawn and hopefully signed before i officially stepped in and they OBLIGED. it said 'accounts cum admin assistant' *throwsconfettiallaround* the other half was nice to ask me out for a mini celebration. and as we went through my present commitments and rushed up a to do list, i can't help but feel relieved. very thankful and really couldn't believe my luck. new job, new start in relationship...and yes new questions in class to tackle! new friends! new route to work! otey...i'm overdoing it for a bit.

later today will have to inform my supervisor about having to quit. reason an opporturnity i couldn't pass. even if i know bobby isn't too happy for me to be switching so soon. heck! i didn't think it would have been this soon! but i HAVE to think LONG term. maybe he put a wager on me with wifey *heheheh* for how long i can last this time and i think he already has a time for when i start complaining ;P will start very soon but first my duties to buff those saturates away for yet another few more days.

stay sane,
amyemeelea

No comments: