Monday, October 16, 2006

me flies!

time really flies and sometimes it seems like it crawls bit by bit. depends on what you're doing and who you are with. it just doesn't stop. i am working nights part-time while i await good news from rat race land. the graveyard shift will and must be accompanied by momok *ghost* stories annd i find myself holding everything in. the people are okay and the best thing about work is that its 5 minutes tops from home. i will endure and try to swallow the boredom and the small frights in between. from red to dark skies, slowly peaking again to hazy morn awaits me a few nights in between my week. i take a deep breath and can only shrug away the grunts. say my thanks and mentally prepare myself for another day.

i saw the 3 terrors! and that was the highlght of my weekend. i got to them late but all was well when i reached the front door. we watched a bit of teevee and jumped into bobby's car for a quick spin. packets of gobbled sweets later, we said our prayers and fell into sleepy slumber by 11pm. it was heaven to be enveloped by thier sweet smells and it was busy romping around the next day for the whole time i was with them. i managed to keep them sane till i had to walk away to report for work. terror 1 and 2 kissed me goodbye and offered me prayers for a safe journey to work, a soft peck on my lips to seal them right to my heart. terror 3 was pouty and could only keep mum. i am truly blessed for my those around me as they helped to tie the loose ends for all the times i have to disappear. kak tina packed me food and bobby & shikino whisked them home! not before a short trip for ice cream and fries! i got pictures and swallowed my tears out, looking in. i really wish i could be with them more often and longer but alas....this is how it has to be for now.

another day in paradise and i hope the 3 cups of coffee i had will not haunt me till late. i will need my shuteye and must focus to look forward. i count my blessings and thank my challenges as they make me strong. for one so obviously pessimistic, i laugh at the times i climb the slippery steps to have a hold on optimistism. i slip and fall but i try and try again. often old scars sting and burn when the drip of my salty tears touch them raw. still in denial i forge ahead. my wounds will heal in time. the vapours those of my warm breath reminds me of my frail humanity and of those around me.

Allah renew my life, mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually :)

stay sane,
amyemeelea

No comments: