Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Excerpts..

Of days past and the situations we get ourselves into and trying to find the answers to how and when I found your quirky characteristics turned into enduring traits led me to work it this way:-

You and I are prisoners in a given time, place and current situation. Serving our joined jail term and the classic prisoner’s dilemma game presents itself. Where as a pair, we could choose to cooperate and treat it as ‘win-win’ game or compete and treat it as a competitive ‘I win you lose’ game.

The logical and often cited endings of either picked scenario is simple. If both parties were honest and cooperative, both were rewarded well and equally. If both were competitive, then both will get screwed *haha* with a low score. If one person competed and the other cooperated, then the competing person will have the huge scores wihile the other eat/hit the shits. Then we are also told that people who don’t cooperate in prisoner’s-dilemma situations often lie, telling their partner that they are going to cooperate but then turning agaisnt their partner in the end, grab all of the goodies for themselves.

Win – win result is always best! But to come to that it takes a lot of superhuman effort. Lose-win result is always mediocre but satisfying if the agreement was reached in all fairness of competition but all goes to hell when there’s any evidence of non-cooperation. Prisoner’s-dilemma situations have been used in thousands of experiments and mathematical simulations, including work done by several Nobel Prize winners but can someone !”$%&^&)&_* please tell me why we can’t even bring ourselves to acknowledge that we are prisoner’s in the first place?

Must it always be about gender? about rank and file? about why my grandmother married again or why dogs like to eat homework and alarm clocks? >( must I be the one to tell you that it is all play pretend. Role playing helps us come to decisions, scenarios make it easier for us to see things as they are, as they is. Don’t you want to make this world a better place to live in for you and me? *saaaap* or would you understand if I were to simply tell you the ultimatum is, “Discuss and commit” *already!!!!!!!!!* stop being such a !£%*^*)(*)(*_(_*)&*%^$%£!

FRAGER!! FRAGER!! FARK DA FRAGER!!! We are ALL THE SAME even after all the labels and false assumptions. Must you annoy me still by being such a jerk and treat me like I am non existent? Is being a rude as*hole necessary to put your points across? Do you think provoking envy and hostility is really ‘just’ another way reliable way of testing means and consistency? Must you wear me down with your insistent whining to do things your way all the time and then tell me that I’m stale and boring after? Will you finally turn me into the asshole you have been dreaming to turn me into, by constantly reminding that I have my imperfections?!

*burp*

I just like spinning stories. And burping and farting ;P

Stay sane,
amyemeelea

Note: the book, ‘The No Asshole Rule – Building a Civilised Workplace and Surviving One that Isn’t’ by Robert Sutton is a MUST read which I highly recommend for those of us perpetually suffering from repressed pain being just human, people like ourselves. Thoughtful insights and a riot considering the use of language contained, guaranteed to illuminate the darkest and bleakest of futures at work, in love or life by simply reminding ourselves that ‘you are allowed to walk out’.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

のものたち」がうちの前まで来て身構えるニタ一族の図

The Self Center said...

i'll have to dict.com search that comment! :P