Thursday, May 17, 2007

it’s a SIGN!

mack *waves* was asking if I was rapper or a poet :P I guess my answer to that will have to be that I am one and I am all >p I think is was ayincurrent who at one time pissed I was so into personalities and archetypes shut me up with the rationale above. Of cause lar!! *DUHslapsforehead* but how then brown cow do you explain our each uniqueness and sense of individuality? Che.ayincurrent can’t be bothered to argue with me anyway which is why the conversation did not continue. What use is a cobbler’s tools to a carpenter? :P

I came staggering back home after all the bad negative air at the office started to eat into myself. I dumped myself willingly into comfort routines. A comfort call to a loved one to announce my homecoming and a flip to heat the water before I dozed off to the soft whirr of the pc so that I could check on my emails. The rumble of my tummy woke me up and the thoughts of watching deal or no deal on teevee soothed my ragged nerves. I finished whatever I needed to on the computer while my short snips with powwsters on msn perked me up. Then I headed to the bathroom for a hot shower. Bobby and shikino will be back soon so I cleared the kitchen up and heated some food in the microwave. Another short call to the 3 terrors and especially to speak to birthday boy lit me up :) he whispered his wish to have a watch and I reminded myself to look around for that very special one when I go around on my jaunts and held on tight to the tears that threatened to fall. I closed my eyes and let my wish to be there travel down the telephone line. Terror 2 said he had to go because he didn’t know what else to say, so to avoid sleepless nights I said my goodbyes to all 3 *click*

*thoughts trail to last nights events at home*

So last night, I received my gst rebate package letter and they found that I am eligible for a rebate sum of $100/-. Bobby came home with his spanking new wakeboard and excitedly asked how much I received. Ripping the envelope open, I lied and said I got $700 to which he bombarded me with why? why? why? when he saw for a fact that I only will be receiving $100 bucks, he laughed *yesgleefullygloated* and at first wondered why before jumping the gun to point out that it must be the fact that I am REALLY a commie and that the gahmen IS somehow punishing me. He joked that he HAD to give me away because the gahmen threatened to take away all he had *hahaha* shikino said if I didn't want the give out from the gahmen I could just donate the amount away *itishighlyrecommendedyoudoso* another I asked also gave me the same reason, I am getting less because I complain too much about the gahmen. So serve me right, serve me cold.

I can’t tell you how many have repeatedly told me that the reason why I get myself into these funny situations is because of my rants about the way things just are in Singapore. Indignant curiosity saved the cat nine deaths and mine lead me to www.gstoffset.gov.sg where I found out that I fell into the category of earning an assessed 100k per annum!! I laughed my head off and I can’t wait to tell snotty bobby of my snooping. I already sent an email to ask for clarification and why not?! I don’t earn 100k per annum and I don’t even own a property dar so why not ease my finances a wee bit more and GIVE me the extra 100 credits *prrrft* finally the eventful knock on my bedroom door came and after small banter I told Bobby of the reason to his incessant whys; the look was priceless of course! With me laughing away but I missed the crucial moments of the end of deal or no deal! *dehem* they just don’t get it do they?

I watched American idol while I quelled my giddiness down by trying to settle down amidst the mess called my bed. With my books, letters, all manner of personal significance and my life hanging on the other line doused me sleepy, but my need to say hello to 17th May acted as toothpicks to keep those eyelids open just for a little bit more. My head was throbbing by then, hungry for rest. And as the sudden tick of the clock struck midnight, the engaged tone from a dead line jolted me awake from my slip into slumber. My fingers worked the lighted pads on my phone and typed that special wish and pressed send. I tried after to put this heavy shell to rest by weaving through the sticky web of the today’s residue into dreams. Tossed and turned but Mr. sandman refused my pleas for seconds and left; I wide eyed looking at the ceiling sulking in the dark.

Do your dreams mean anything to you?

Stay sane,
amyemeelea

No comments: